What is Ketosis?
Think of the body as a hybrid car that can burn electricity or gasoline for fuel. Our bodies are designed to use two different fuel sources, they can burn sugar (glucose) or fat (ketones). This is a natural adoption from the Paleolithic Era when humans would cycle through short periods of scattered vegetation and times of a purely carnivorous diet. Summer season would bring spouts of vegetation to our primal ancestors and they would put on some body fat during this abundant time because glucose is a key to fat storage. Winter months would bring little or no vegetation resulting in a diet full of animal fat and meat. This resulted in fat adaptation and required ketosis, burning of fat for fuel. Our bodies can only store a finite amount of glucose in liver and muscle. Typically this is about 2,000 calories. When you are a sugar burner, you need a constant source of fuel such as glucose that comes from carbs. Our bodies can store large amounts of fat. For example, a 150 pound person with 10% body fat has over 60,000 calories of fat storage! This is what enabled our n8tive ancestors to endure long winters without literally starving to death. Today, we have an endless supply of food (Can we really even call it that anymore?) all year around. This means most people never tap into their ketones, or native fuel source.
Who is KETO/OS for?
Who is KETO//OS for? KETO//OS is for any individual that is looking to improve her or his body, life and performance capacity. Whether you are looking to lose excess fat, need to reduce inflammation in the body or just want to be more mentally focuses and clear, KETO//OS makes it possible for you. Studies suggest there are a wide range of benefits that come from using ketones as fuel. These include:
• Body re-composition
• Blood sugar balance and enhanced insulin sensitivity
• Increased satiety and decreased food cravings
• Improved energy levels, oxygen capacity, motor performance & athletic performance
• Migraine treatment • Neuro-protective benefits in seizure disorders; ADHD; Alzheimer’s disease, memory and cognitive function; Parkinson’s Disease and Multiple Sclerosis
• Autism and improved behavior and social impacts
• Mood stabilization in bipolar disorder (type II)
• Stroke prevention; cardiovascular disease; metabolic syndrome management; improved cholesterol levels
• Inflammation management/reduction
• Endurance enhancement
The KETO//OS Supplement The “Ketone Operating System” is a therapeutic ketone technology. KETO//OS comes in a powder form and is easy to take. Mix with 12 ounces of plain water or your favorite carb free flavored beverage, and drink it! Within 15-30 minutes of drinking KETO//OS, your body enters the state of ketosis – that native state we are all striving to achieve.